Well! There is good news for all deliberately waiting for the exclusive launch of the compact crossover from the Indo-Japanese carmaker – Maruti Suzuki Ignis. The Micro SUV that was to be launched in March 2017 in India is now indicated to be launched by the festive season 2016. Maruti Suzuki is leaving no stone unturned to prepare the car for a perfect launch in the upcoming festive season.
Expected launch price of the car is 5 to 7 lacs which makes it a preferred budget deal for the buyers. The make and features of the car are unique and are amazing enough to mark Maruti Suzuki’s foray into the compact crossover segment. Based on the iM-4 concept, the Ignis broke cover at the Tokyo Motor Show in October 2015 and now it is all set for great launch in India. The car could give a good competition to Ford EcoSport, but is into direct competition with Mahindra’s upcoming S101 and Mahindra KUV100.
With a boxy shape, flared wheel arches, chrome accents and large wheels, Ignis is being classified as a micro-SUV. Expected features might include 1.2-litre DualJet petrol engine with SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) tech, front wheel drive layout, hill decent control, Suzuki’s adaptive Dual Camera Breaking system (DCBS), lane management system, along with front, rear and side camera for parking assist, ample ground clearance, a high seating position for the driver to offer a commanding view and capability to be driven on tough terrain like snow and off-road.
Highlights on Maruti Suzuki Ignis
- Extensive testing is still going on the model; the car has been spotted testing in India multiple times
- Ignis is expected to be launched in festive season 2016
- The car is expected to come with first-in-class 4WD setup
- With a length of just 3679mm, the Ignis is will be the first sub-4 metre crossover car to be launched by Maruti Suzuki in India and will enjoy excise cuts.
- With Baleno and Vitara Brezza currently being high in demand, Maruti is trying to ramp up their production to finish pending orders and make way for the Ignis.
- On safety front, this car is likely to come with ABS and EBD as standard feature along with driver and co-passenger airbag as option right from the base variant onwards.
- The Ignis is also expected to be powered by the 1.3-litre DDiS diesel engine that also powers the Vitara Brezza.